Monday, December 4, 2017

a hexagon Christmas pillow, traditional color with a modern twist!

I have been on a hexagon roll lately!
After sharing my hexagon table topper with aqua and red petals,
this is a rectangular pillow
with applique hexagons
in red, green, with a few other colors mixed in:


It is a modern take on the hexagon quilt,
I was inspired by this tutorial from Modern Handcraft.
Each hexy is hand basted around a paper template, a little time consuming,
but perfect to play with scrap of precious fabric!

Then of course, the paper is removed, and the hexagons are placed on the fabric top
and quilted in place. 
I kept quilting even where there were no hexy.


And it looks just right under a traditional Christmas tree.
Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...