Monday, October 16, 2017

a oh so sweet baby quilt

Is there a better reason to make a quilt than a baby?
My upcoming niece was the perfect excuse to play with beautiful fabrics
in pretty color.



I mixed 7 different Liberty of London prints with about 12 solids,
following the pattern from Amy's book: Sweetly Stitched Handmades.


These prints are quite special as 2 of them are reprints of my sister's clothes!


It is a very simple quilt, perfect for a beginner, 
all straight seams, just rectangles.

The little linen bear looks especially snuggly with it.


For the back of the quilt, I used the same Provence fabric than I used for the Beary pillow,
it has just the right mix of blue and pink.

And of course the Bebe bunting is the perfect accessory:


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! My sister finally received all of her baby presents and seems quite pleased with all of them. I am trying to convince her to sent some pics of all of them in the nursery,
      it should be so much cuter than in my sewing room!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...