Monday, January 23, 2017

what to do when stuck on the couch?

Well, cross stitched your dog's name of course!



As I previously mentioned, I was immobilized for a few days.
It was OK for the few hours, just laying on the couch, watching TV, catching up.
But pretty fast, I was seriously bored.
So I started a new embroidery project, perfect to keep my hands busy and my foot up!
Luckily I ad some fabric left from my advent calendar,
and about half the threads I needed.
The next day Mon Cheri took Miss C. to Michaels to purchase the remaining colors.
The pattern is again from "Les Brodeuses Parisiennes",
they are really becoming my favorite!
My sister gave me this pattern "Jolis Toutous" a couple of Christmas ago.


 It is an alphabet with a puppy on each letter, totally cheesy,
but the right way, at least my kind of cheese!

The linen was not big enough to "write" the complete name
so I just embroidered her nickname Lou
(misspelled wolf in French) and an extra little dog, just because!



Of course it took me a lot longer than those 4 days to finish the embroidery,
but my ankle is still tired at night, so it is a good way to get some rest.

Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do with it...
it is long and narrow...any suggestions?




Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! The puppies are so cute! Yes, definitely a good way to keep from being bored while recovering. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. :-) <3
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, very cute! I love the puppy details. <3 You could make a pillow or frame it? I've been laid up on the couch for the past couple of weeks too, I was so sick! I hope your ankle is healed up good as new. I am finally starting to feel like a normal person again. :)

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...