Monday, October 3, 2016

a fox fall pillow

 Since I am over my jet lag from my short visit to Brittany,
I am ready to tackle fall here.
It is noticeably cooler now and the leaves are collecting everywhere
through the yards...time to change the decor in the house!
And what better way than through a new pillow?
and not any pillow, but a handmade fox pillow!


I found the pattern on the September issue of Bustle and Sew,
the same one that inspired me for the apple tote bag.



Super cute!
The fox is a mix of felt and boiled wool (from a old favorite jacket),
and the leaves are raw edge applique from various material:
tweed (like the rest of the pillow), linen, velvet, quilting cotton...





I installed a zipper in the back, it does not take much longer than just overlapping the fabric,
I did it in a similar way than this tutorial from S.O.T.A.K handmade ,
my zipper is just shorter, so it adds a few steps.
I like the clean finishes on the back,
even if the front is all raw edges!




There are also 2 little acorns embroidered in the lower corner,
perfect detail with the oak leaves.

But now it is time to relax on the couch with a nice cup of chai
and a piece of harvest cake.
The rain is forcing us to slow down....reading time!


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Probably you don't need anyone to tell you that, but I must - the throw pillow is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit I am quite pleased with the result, definitively keeping it for myself!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...