Friday, September 16, 2016

apple bag for the market

It is still not fall here,
but it is definitively apple season!
Every week end, we drive to the local orchard to get some fresh apples.
It sounds obvious....
they are so fresh and tasty (and cheaper) than the grocery store ones!


So of course, I had to sew a bag just for this activity....


Not really, it totally works for other events,
like the farmer's market or a small run at the grocery store.

The pattern for this bag is from Bustle and Sew, from the September magazine.
If you have seen my Instagram feed,
 you know that more projects from Bustle and Sew are coming,
I am having such a great time sewing with these patterns!

I used dropcloth for the outside,
 and many different prints for the apples and pears: flannel, linen, cotton...

For the lining, I used some raven laminate fabric from Michael Miller,
making safe to carry food without staining the bag.
The laminate is soft and quite easy to sew.


The apples and pears are raw edge appliqued, super easy,
and stitched in place free motion style.
The cores are hand embroidered,
I did not totally follow the directions
and alternated between satin stitch and lazy daisy stitch.


I love how it turned out,
I will be the most fashionable apple buyer at the orchard this weekend!

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had orchards nearby! Alas, we live in a desert. I absolutely adore this apple patterned bag! It is adorable. :) It is not quite fall here either. I keep having to put the air on during the day and then the heat on at night!

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ginnie! I hear you about the desert, we used to live in the South West, no orchard there either!
    I showed the bag to my sister and she loved it so much, I gave it to her, so no more apple bag for me...
    may be I will make another one for next year...Fall has finally arrived here, no heat yet at night but comforter for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...