Tuesday, December 22, 2015

quick handmade gift

Once again, time was running out,
and I needed some cute gift for my girlfriends...
I already gave them little pouches
and lingerie bags,
so I had to come up with something different:
purse tissue cover!


I was inspired by this tutorial, 
I changed it a little, I used 6.5 x 6.5 for the top, and 6.5 x 7.5 for the lining,
with a 1/4 inch seams allowance at the first step, and 1/2 inch on the second step.
I also changed from meeting in the middle (hedgehog) to overlapping on the 2 other ones.


I finished the seams inside for the top and bottom, I cannot leave raw edges!
I chose a variety of prints for my various girlfriends...
the roses are for my friend who has a weakness for Laura Ashley dresses,
the flower one is a print that I love using (like on this bunny!)
and the hedgehog is for a young modern lady.



Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...