Wednesday, December 16, 2015

cranberry bread

One big pleasure of the season, besides decorating Christmas tree
and drinking cocoa, is eating cranberry bread!
We wait until Thanksgiving to make the first loaf,
it is so easy to bake and so easy to eat....
One way to cut down on eating so much of it
is making mini loaves, and even better bringing some to the neighbors.


A few of my neighbors are older folks, living by themselves,
but keeping an eye on the hood, perfect to make sure the kids make it from school safe!
So for them, I bake a mini loaf.
Other neighbors have much larger family and receive the full size.


It is fun to drop it off with our Holiday card
and wish everybody a merry time.
here is my favorite version of the cranberry bread (or 6 little ones):
1 egg
3/4 cup of sugar
2.5 cup of flour
  3.5 tsp of baking powder
10 oz of milk
3 tbsp of butter
1 cup of coarsely cut cranberry
mix top 6 ingredients together, folding in the cranberry last
bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes.
let cool down and enjoy!
To deliver to my neighbors, I use a little cellophane bag,
some red twine and a cute tag from Whipperberry.


Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...