Tuesday, March 25, 2014

croque-monsieur: some serious comfort food

After a couple days of warmer weather,
we are back in the snow and the cold.
Everybody at home is ready for some TLC,
and some comfort food.
To me, it means Croque-monsieur,
a French take on grilled cheese.


Don't you feel better just looking at it?

The only things that needs to be prepared is the bechamel sauce.
I make mine with 1.5 Tbsp of butter, 3 Tbsp of flour, 1 cup of milk and some salt.
It takes a few minutes to cook in a saucepan, but it is the required sauce.

Then I just layered Swiss cheese and ham inside 2 slices of sauced bread,
I grilled them in a panini press, we do not have the traditional French press.


Of course, if you are a vegetarian like me,
it is totally OK to skip the ham!
To make it more grown-up, healthier and less decadent,
I serve it with a salad and may (or not) only one half!


It makes me feel ready for another snow day!

Happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...