Sunday, January 26, 2014

laptop cover

With work taking over my free time,
I thought the best way to "fight back" was by creating beautiful accessories!
So I sewed a padded laptop cover to transport my computer
from home to work back and forth. 


I used a retired pattern from Michelle Patterns (also known as Keyka Lou),
it was easy and relatively fast (I have less time, my definition of fast is changing!)


The outside print is a home decor fabric, it is similar to this  penmanship village print,
except mine is grey with off-white writing and green seal.
I like the idea of mixing old fashion writing with computer,
and of course it is in French so always a plus!
I checked for possible non sens/obvious mistakes, I did not seen any....but it is really hard to read.


For the lining I used this cool off-white musical instrument print,
while it is hard to see on the picture, the green of the seal and the instruments is the same,
so it goes, right?
Now I need to make some king of tote or bag to carry it....

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Easy and relatively fast are a good thing and a stylish way to carry the laptop is just fun!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project! Lovely fabric indeed!I can't wait to see the tote bag.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...