Thursday, October 10, 2013

rosemary appetizer

Lately Mon Cheri and I have not been out on dates,
so I brought them to us,
through drinks and appetizers taken in our backyard,
well less noisy than a house full of children!

My latest favorite snack/appetizers on a fall evening:
Rosemary shortbread, and creamy feta/rosemary spread.

I followed this recipe from An Edible Mosaic.


It is truly delicious, together or separate.
The first time I made the spread, I followed exactly the recipe,
but I found it a little too oily, so the following time, I used one less Tbsp of olive oil
and it was just right for me.
The cookies are just perfect as is,
I did make them a little smaller the second time
as they are so rich.


I like to set up our little table with a variety of dips, sauce, cheese and crackers,
a personal interpretation on tapas,
we usually skip dinner after that.
Malou is of course a big part of the event,
always ready in case something fails, gravity is her friend.

With all the rain coming down right now,
it seems doubtful that we will be able to do it this week end,
there is always the week end after that....


Happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...