Tuesday, December 4, 2012

little decorated Christmas tree

We have not yet purchased our Christmas tree,
but I have already decorated the little tree
that sits on the side board behind the dining room table,
our mantel of sorts.


I made all the trimmings, except for the star at the top. 
I was inspired by this advent calendar tutorial from the Graphics Fairy-DIY.
I used the images to make simple rosette ornaments,
decorated with some glitter.


I also sewed a few years ago a sweet ruffle tree skirt,
inspired by this tutorial from Miss Mustard Seed,
I made it out of osnaburg, it is much lighter than canvas,
so it does ravel a lot but it still looks nice.


Miss C. and I strung cranberries on dental floss
to add more red to the tree, I had never done it,
it was something we both enjoyed!


With a die cut machine, we made some silver words (Noel, Joy)
that we placed throughout the tree,
and we called it good.


Now we need to get a big tree to decorate with ornaments
we collected over the years,
no theme or fanciness,
we are an everything-goes-Christmas-tree family!

Happy day!

The Graphics Fairy

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty! I love the old fashioned Christmas look and the rich cranberry colors.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...