Wednesday, September 5, 2012

working on a little quilt

Now that we are back in school and that we almost used to our new routine
and schedule, I have been able to do a little sewing.
I started working on a simple little quilt.


I am only suing 2 fabrics: a white kona and this turquoise print.
I chose a irregular bow-tie pattern, not all triangles are the same size.
I cut 3.5" white squares and 1.5" print squares,
and just sewed the print in the corner on the diagonal.
Then I folded over the little corner, ironed and cut the extra layers,
then wash/rinse/repeat.

and there it is my little quilt:


I know exactly what I am going to do with it,
but it requires more building and painting,
so it will have to wait.

This week end I also sewed utilitarian, instead of just pretty,
I made Brick Master 3 pairs of PJ pants (1 flannel, 2 cottons).
Last year I had already made him some but he keeps on growing!
Well at least I have more space for new fabric,
I used over 6 yards of fabric,
if that does not sound like an excuse to get some more,
I do not know what to do!

Happy sewing!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


1 comment:

  1. Sweet little quilt! I'm curious about what you will "build and paint" for it though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...