Tuesday, September 18, 2012

fall table for 2

After months of heat and mosquitoes,
I am so ready for cooler days and pretty fall colors.
I built a simple little trough, inspired by this tutorial by Shanty 2 Chic,
with some left over wood from building the backyard fence.


To make it more interesting, I added the metallic corners like I did in my vintage French wine tray.
I filled it with candles, straw like pieces and gourds from the grocery store.
And I set up the table for the nice dinner for 2 by the fire place.


Wine inspired French table cloth and napkins serve as a beautiful background,
matching perfectly with my Provence plates.
Now I better send Mon Cheri to the kitchen to cook us for food
for dinner....he is the chef, I am the baker!

Happy day!


The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Great job on building your cute trough, I really like those metal corners - makes it look vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was fun to build, and even more fun to use through the house!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...