Saturday, September 17, 2011

update on Miss C.'s quilt

Miss C. and I have completed the top of her new quilt.
And yes she is very proud of herself!


Because we change the design of the quilt,
after cutting the squares (!),
we have a few extra blocks...
Miss C. sewed some of them to make the back.


After reading this post from Swim, Bike, Quilt!, I felt like I needed to try a pieced back.
So for the first time, I sewed a simple design on the back!
I had used different fabrics on backs of quilts because of lack
of yardage, I have used pieced binding from left over fabric from the top,
but this was different,
and aligning everything was not very easy,
so we will see how everything turns out
once it is all quilted!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...