Thursday, May 19, 2011

grocery bags, part III

A few weeks ago,
I made a couple of grocery bags,
here and here,

A friend of mine saw them
and asked me to make her some
so she could be fashionable at the farmer's market in Arkansas!


what's a good friend to do but oblige?

I decide to keep using my stash of Provence fabric,
I had this nice blue and yellow fabric.
I also had a large piece of blue linen, the exact blue,
I must admit, it used to be my favorite shade of blue,
I purchased this linen to make a skirt or dress for me,
but just after buying the fabric,
the lab where I was working at the time,
decided to change our lab coat from white to this lovely blue,
a great idea, I got to wear my favorite color everyday...!
But there was no way I would wear it outside of work anymore!


Here it worked perfectly!
I also used another Provence fabric for the handle,
with still the same blue, but a lighter background.


I made 2 different versions of the bag,
one with the blue handles,
the other with the flower handles,


both versions are lined with the blue linen.

Because the Provence fabric is so wide,
I was able to make 3 bags,
instead of 2, sending one to my mom.


I like both version,
and hopefully my friend will like them too,
and my mom of course!
There are no more free plastic bags at the grocery store in France,
so it is definitively a necessity!



Here are of the grocery bags I made,
with only one left for me!
Luckily there is still some fabric from Provence....
and my parents are going there next week,
maybe they will get some more for me!

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...