Tuesday, April 12, 2011

tarte aux fraises

The last few days have been beautiful
and warm, spring is here
and I feel like dessert with strawberries,
lots of strawberries!

So I made one of my favorite:
tarte aux fraises!


It is beautiful and easy,
and oh so tasty!

First I made a pie crust,
a sweet one,
a purchased one can work too.


I cooked it and let it cool.
Then I made creme patissiere:
1 1/3 cups of milk
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup of sugar
3Tbs of cornstarch
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Warm up the milk, just before boiling.
Whisk egg yolks and sugar, then add cornstarch.
Pour in half of the warm milk, whisk, then the rest of the milk
strain (just in case!), return everything back in the pan.
Cook while whisking over medium heat until it get thick,
about 5-6 minutes.
Remove from heat, add the vanilla,
and transfer into a bold to chill.
It will take 2-3h before it can be used.

Do not put it out side to cool faster,
it is very tasty, and somebody, or should I say
some doggy will eat it all,
and then you will have to make more,
I know, it happened before!


When it was cold, I spooned the cream in the pie crust,
and cover it with strawberries,
since the strawberries were so big,
they were cut in fourth.

The difficult part: sharing it,
and not eating all by myself!
Enjoy!


Happy day!


1 comment:

  1. Et voila .. maintenant j'ai des envies de tarte aux fraises .. ca tombe bien j'en ai achete hier

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...