Saturday, September 25, 2010

witch costume for doll

With Halloween just around the blog corner,
it is time to dress not only
little girls and big boys,
but of course, our favorite dolls!

For me, growing up in France,
Halloween was all about witches,
well my kids never ever wore a witch costume!
So this is the first witch costume I made:


I used this e-pattern from You Can Make This
and their free hat pattern.

The corset was fun to make, with ribbon and
different color fabrics. It closes with velcro in the back,
so little fingers friendly!


I did not make a skirt,
she just wears the chemise, made with
the same fabric than the hat.


I have used this pattern to make dolly night gowns,
with longer sleeves, like here.


Happy sewing!









Texas Monkey

Show and Tell Green

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Madison thinks your daughter is SOOO lucky. I just had her come in and look. We both love this witchy look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow that is awesome, I love it! I'd love to have you link up at our party and show this off! http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-about-you-monday-halloween-costumes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgane, thanks for linking up. I featured this today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I am planning on making doll clothes for my grandtwins for Christmas. Yours is inspiring me to make them a costume. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! These dolls are so cute! So perfect for Halloween. I'll surely take note of the patterns, Morgane. Well, my two daughters love playing dolls. Both of them requested me of clothing for 18 inch dolls. I was so stunned by their reaction that they'll soon receive clothes for 18 inch dolls from Grandma. Their reaction was so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...