Monday, September 20, 2010

renaissance outfit for doll

As I really enjoyed going to the Renaissance Fair,
and dressing up for it,
I figured the dolls would too!


Remember my " historical dress",
well I tried again!

for the skirt and chemise.


There is a simple tone on tone embroidery around the yoke.

For the corset, I used some pseudo leather
a pattern from You Can Make This.


I simplified it to make it look more realistic.

I also made some shoes with the same pseudo leather,
using this free pattern.


I think it turned out nicely.
I sent it to a young lady, that seems quite happy with it,
which always the best part of making doll clothes,
the play time!
Well besides mine!


PS: do you want to see me in my Renaissance outfit?
Well you will have to wait as I have packed all of my costumes
to show the house less cluttered ...
I know: so sad!
But the doll and I have the same outfit in the same color!
She is just prettier!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. She is just beautiful! I love the little corset and shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...