Monday, August 2, 2010

olive fabric, take I

As I wrote in my last post,

I played with the fabric from Provence my Mom sent me.


You probably have seen my inspiration:





cool, but not soft and over price!


So I made my own version, and my own patch!


I used the fabric from the top right corner,

the image sticks out of the clear square onto the yellow border,
so I decided to go wider, much wider!
I fused some wonder under to the patch
(a little smaller than the actual square),
and like PB I stitched twice around the patch
and frayed the edges
(does not work if fused to the top!)
The background fabric is 100% linen from Joann,
it does wrinkle a lot,
but has a great live in feel!


The rest of the pillow is sewed simply, without zipper,

just by overlapping the fabric in the back,
as I have done on these pillows.

As I was concerned about all the frayed edges
and our "active" life style
(ie. big dogs, small children)
I decided to make another one:


Here I just sewed bands of linen around the olive oil picture.

I just love this fabric!




Together they work well,

and so far the raw edges are surviving nicely
Come back tomorrow for more olive goodness
and Wednesday for the giveaway!

*update: giveaway closed*
Happy sewing!



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Blog Button



Show and Tell Green



Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

  1. Those are so awesome! I saw them in the catalog and loved them. How handy that you had some fabric around that worked so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that cute pop of yellow. :) Visiting from The CSI Project. Hope you'll stop by and visit me too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...