Wednesday, August 18, 2010

back to school for doll

School starts in less than a week,
so time to sew....for dolly!


She is a low key girl,
just jeans and T-shirt!


We are not talking skinny jeans here,
fashion is not the main element,
I do not want to have to put them on!
Miss C. needs to be able to do it without help,
so comfy, boot cut jeans!

I started with a simple pants pattern,
to make them into "real jeans"


I stitched some details in orange threads:


 pockets, waist band, hem...
and it really started looking like real jeans!


Since real jeans are not stitched this way,
and that I wanted to keep the similar details,
I had to over stitch the inner seam,
it was very hard and I was not able to go right to the top of the crotch
but I think it is not too visible!


The pattern for the shirt is from Liberty Jane Patterns,
it is the trendy t-shirt,
one of their free patterns.


It sewed very nicely and quite fast,
I like the little cap sleeves,
it is a lot more close fitting than the traditional t-shirt patterns,
but the Velcro in the back makes it really easy to put on.


She is ready!

Happy sewing!




2 comments:

  1. Your t-shirt is beautiful. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit for your doll. Love the jeans.. Great idea.. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...