Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mermaid party

Today we celebrated Miss C. B-day
with some of her girlfriends.
Theme: mermaids!

As we have our house on the market,
it is hard to plan anything,
but yesterday it was confirmed that
this week end would be free of showing.
So we got ready for a party!

Since it was last minute,
it was not the prettiest party,
everything was on hand,
but the birthday girl enjoyed it!

The idea came up as we were setting the table:
white tablecloth with pink tulle overlay (left over from crafting),
and of course Princesses plates (also left over).
Not a bad start, but we needed something special....
we have some starfish and sand dollars, just waiting...
and there it was born,
not just Princesses, but Mermaid!



I was also able to find some mermaid tail fabric
in my stash, perfect for a fancy chair!



Next birthday cake,
there is no arguing here,
every year, I have to make the castle cake.
I tried to make it "beachy" by adding not flowers but sea shells,
not perfect but all the girls got it!



I know, nobody is going to hire me for cake decorating!!
It is OK I am keeping my day job anyway....!
Fresh baked, with homemade butter icing
(no shortening here, so the white is slightly yellow)
the shells are made with royal icing, quite tasty.

Before we enjoyed the cake,
they did a little craft, they made mermaid of course!

Then we went swimming in our neighborhood pool,
perfect for our little Princesses.

After our marine adventure
we were ready for cake:


She was very happy,
and it tasted really good!

Of course there were presents and lots of playtime!

To finish it off,
I prepared some goody bags:

Simple bags, decorated with the same sand dollar
attached with jute twine.


Inside, the starfish from the decorated table,
the mermaid they had made during the afternoon,
Princess fruit snack, some of my felt cookies


and a pony necklace
(with best friend forever action, does not got any better!)

Everybody seemed satisfied and had a great time.
I am pleased with how everything turned out,
like everything was planned!

Happy day!




3 comments:

  1. This is so cute for a little girl's birthday! Bet they LOVED it too! The cake really looks great, you did a wonderful job. Decorating takes a lot of work and it turned out really good. What Fun ~ Mermaids!
    Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute for a little girl's birthday! Bet they LOVED it too! The cake really looks great, you did a wonderful job. Decorating takes a lot of work and it turned out really good. What Fun ~ Mermaids!
    Carolee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the mermaid tail fabric!! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...