Thursday, July 22, 2010

being 6 T-shirt


Miss C. is turning 6 in a few days.
To celebrate, I decorated  a cute T-shirt.

My Maman used to make me some like that
when I was growing up.

Nothing says 70s like those collars!

So I revisited a family classic!

I started by printing a huge 6 from the computer,
easier and more regular than
trying to hand draw it.
I traced the reversed on wonder-under
and ironed it to some Liberty fabric.
After cut it out, I ironed it on the T-shirt
and hand sewed it with a blanket stitch.

I found a cute embroidery design from the same book
that I used on this post :
"Sublime Stitching" by Jenny Hart.



I like to use stem stitch but on the T-shirt it was not working!
So I used back stitch, easier on knit.
I also used some stabilizer before hooping the shirt.

I added some beads for sparkle,
we like everything fancy!


I think it is turning out nicely.
Hopefully the birthday girl will like it!

Happy sewing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...