Sunday, March 14, 2010

Liberty of London

Today, I received an email from Target about its new products. 
I could not believe it, it was a special on Liberty of London!
As I mentioned before I am a huge fan!
So I checked that our local target did carry the products
and ran to the store, well drove.





Well I did score a beautiful umbrella and a cute top for Miss C..
The prints are typical of Liberty of London, they are genuine,
but not the quality!
Polyester! what happens to beautiful lawn, the highest level of cotton?
I know a yard of Liberty cost about $30-35,
so of course an adult top at $15 cannot be the same!
I was so sad....

So I went home and baked!!!
And since after 5 days of spring we are back in the cold
I made a beautiful banana pie!



Probably not what you expected but delicious!
Here is the recipe:
5 ripe bananas
2 limes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 oz (or 2) of rum
pastry crust

cut the bananas in slices (about 1/4 inch), cover with half of the lime juice as you cut
mix rest of the juice, rum, cinnamom, sugar.
pour over the bananas, stir and let marinated for 30 min
pour over the crust
bake for 25 min at 375-400
let cool for a few minutes, I like it warm
and enjoy with or without vanilla ice cream


Happy day!


1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...