Wednesday, March 24, 2010

favorite jacket update

Remember my previous post of a kid jacket?

Well I finished it and
I am pleased to say:
Miss C. likes it!


And with warm/cold weather of spring it is perfect!

I used denim fabric for the outside and cotton for the lining.


I used machine embroidery for the little faces/bodies.
I purchased it at swakembroidery.com
Easy to download and use

I then quilted the denim to the batting
(80%cotton/20% poly, warmer than just cotton, but behave about the same)


 I did it for the 2 fronts, the back and the sleeves.
Then following the pattern instructions, I attached fronts to the back, and then the sleeves.
I did the same for the lining.
Then I stitched all the edges together (denim quilted fabric to lining fabric):
neck, front, sleeves, bottom.
So that all the edges are machine finished.
Then I stitched the side seams, a little tricky, but when done right,
the jacket is fully reversible!

I hand stitched 2 buttons at the top to have a more opened neck.


It is a perfect jacket to play and run.
I wish I had better pictures but it is already dirty and
 muddy from running around the yard!
It is definitively spring time!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...