Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi gras


Today is Mardi gras.  To me it brings back memories of dressing up and eating great cakes!
You see in France we do not have Halloween, so this is the day to wear costumes to school.
And to have some sort of parade/carnival, not really like in Rio de Janeiro or New Orleans....it is always cold and often part of the school program!

So I will like to share with you my daughter and I favorite costume, and yes we have the same!  We both love Cinderella, so I made us similar costumes!
I know very cheesy, but fun memories.
Hers is from a Butterick pattern (4320) and mine is from Simplicity 2813.




And since I have a tendency to over do it, I made one for her doll too!




The pattern is Simplicity 5705.
It also includes other Disney Princess costumes: Tinkerbell, Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, and Belle.
The dress has a petticoat of tulle, for added puffiness.



Happy sewing!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really did great job! I love how you made the matching dress for the doll too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...